- 1 or 2 Large Aubergines/Egg Plants, Sliced Length Ways
- 1 Bowl Cherry Tomatoes, Sliced Quarterly
- 1 Large Red Onion, Diced
- 1 Plate of Spinach
- 500g Mince/Ground Lamb
- 250g Ricotta
- 250g Mozzarella, Sliced
- Put your oven to 200 C or 400 FH, to pre-heat in time for when the preparation has finished.
- Begin frying the tomatoes and onions in one frying pan, and fry the aubergine in another pan until golden brown. Once the tomatoes and onions have fried into an almost sauce, place the lamb in to cook and mix in.
- Once the meat has cooked through place the spinach on top and wait until it has whittled. Once whittled, mix in the spinach and place half the bolognese into a deep dish. Put half the aubergine on top, and spread half the ricotta on top of that. Then place the rest of the bolognese sauce on top and then the other half of the aubergine, ricotta and evenly place the mozzarella on top of that.
- Put the newly filled dish in the oven for 15 minutes, if golden brown then serve and eat, otherwise put it back in for 5 minute intervals until golden brown.
- This should serve about 4 adults or 6 children, so is a great dinner party meal or even birthday party meal.